There are lots of options by which cosmetic surgeon a patient selects. This is what to look for.
When a cosmetic operation is to be performed, someone should select the best cosmetic surgeon to do the job. Just like all professionals, some can be a more appropriate choice than others. What should an individual look for when interviewing doctors? Here are some things to think about:
- Training and education: Cosmetic operations are very complex. A regular M.D. won't do of these procedures. Make sure the doctor you're interviewing is board certified in cosmetic surgery.
- Reputation: Check around of friends, members of the family, your current practitioner, nurse or any hospital personnel that you might know well enough to obtain a word-of-mouth reference from. Ask your hair stylist, aesthetician or masseuse, too, as the ones that operate in the beauty industry often know who probably the most skilled plastic surgeons are.
- Aesthetic eye: Not just must this practitioner have medical expertise, he or she must also have a pleasing eye and artistic flair. This arena of prescription medication is an art form. Harmony, scale and attractiveness in answers are vitally important. Looking at "before and after" photos is a great way to gauge this. Make sure that the photos are of the surgeon's actual patients. Look at pictures of patients who have had the same operations you're interested in, have been in exactly the same age group and also have similar bone structure and type of skin. You want to be comparing apples with apples, in the end.
- Good communicator: Like several physicians, a doc's bedside manner and communication ability will make an impact within the quality of an experience. This doctor needs to be in a position to hear order to learn what the individual is seeking and have good speaking skills in order to give understandable answers and insight into the operation.
- Hospital privileges in a convenient facility: Doctors will often have hospital privileges in specific hospitals, rather than every facility inside a metropolitan area. Ensure the practitioner you're looking at is able to use the operating suites within the hospital most convenient for you.
- Experience: Whenever a patient decides to possess a rhinoplasty performed, they do not want to be just the third nose job for their doc. Ask the surgeon the number of like operations they've performed and ask to see photos.
- Specialization: Perhaps a practitioner you're looking at specializes in the stomach tuck however, you want a face lift. It's easier to keep looking and find one which specializes in cosmetic facial procedures.
- Welcoming staff: What's the office and nursing staff as with your potential plastic surgeon's practice? It is crucial that they are professional, competent and welcoming for a couple of reasons, 1) you'll be dealing with them, too, if you choose their boss; and a pair of) employees that actually works there is a reflection of how the practice operates. If their boss is competent and runs a tight ship, they'll probably be harmonious. If they're cranky, tardy and also the place is within disarray, this can be a warning sign concerning the captain of the ship.